Belarusian visas at the National Airport “Minsk” (MSQ) are issued to the nationals of the countries with no consular offices of the Republic of Belarus.
To the nationals of other countries (Austria, Argentina, Belgium, Bulgaria, Brasilia, Canada, Czech Republic, China, Estonia, Egypt, France, Hungary, Germany, India, Iran, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Libya, Lithuania, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Republic of South Africa, Slovak Republic, Serbia, Montenegro, Switzerland, Sweden, Syria, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, USA, Vietnam) visa may be issued upon arrival on an exceptional basis only.
To get a visa, the following documents should be submitted to the Foreign Admissions Division at the National Airport “Minsk”:
1. Duly completed visa application form (specifying the name and address of the inviting person/institution (organization) in Belarus) with one recent passport-sized photograph, fixed to the marked place at the upper right-hand corner of the application form. The form must be filled in completely, no blank spaces should be left. If a question does not apply, please type “N/A”. If the answer is none, write “none”. Incomplete forms will be returned to the applicants unprocessed. The form should bear the original signature of applicant and must be legible. Please, fill in the form in block letters.
2. Original Passport with two blank pages at least. The document shall be valid as long as at least 90 days after the requested visa expires;
3. Visa Support Documents (details are given below).
4. Additional documents, necessary to consider visa application (upon request of the Consul).
5. Receipt of payment: Visa fee depends on the type of visa requested, visa support documents (if required), period of visa requested and the nationality of applicant.
Transit visa (type B, period of validity 48 hours) may be issued upon the presentation of a valid Russian or Ukrainian visa or other documents proving the need to cross the Belarusian borders on the way to a country of final destination (ticket, itinerary, etc.).
Visa support documents for a short-term visa (type C, period of visa 90 days maximum):
– for business purposes (without work permit) — original formalized letter of support from the Belarusian institution/organization/firm.
– for private purposes:
– original formalized letter of invitation, issued by a local Citizenship and Migration Division of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Belarus;
– fax message, certified by a doctor, confirming sudden disease or death of a close relative – in case of emergency.
Visa for private purposes may be issued also to a person who would like to attend the burial place of a family member or a close relative in Belarus. A document issued by a Belarusian Red Cross office or by the local authorities that confirm the location of the burial place and documents certifying the relationship should be provided.
– for tourism (up to 30 days of stay) – formalized letter of support, received from a Belarusian tourist company, confirming the booking of the tourist services in Belarus.
Short-term visa for tourism could be issued also upon the presentation of a letter of support from a citizen of the Republic of Belarus and documents proving his/her right to render agro ecotourism services in Belarus.
According to the Belarusian visa regulation, a Consul of the Republic of Belarus may deny a Belarusian visa, shorten the number of entries and period of its validity. In that case no explanations are supposed to be given, the consular fee received shall not be reimbursed.
Consular fees are subject to change depending on changes in the currency exchange rate.