B for Belarus #9 (2019-10-23) expert talk about Belarus with Vladimir Baranich and Yaroslav Romanchuk
- Why about half of Belarusians believe we have democratic elections in Belarus?
- Early voting as a means to ensure the turnout and the needed result.
- Observation under strict control of the authorities. Vote count as a sacred ritual of the authorities – for their eyes only.
- Why are so many people (over 550) who are eager to take part in the political performance called “parliamentary elections”?
- Growing dissatisfaction with democracy in the West and in Europe. People are growing more skeptical about their governing elite.