BYN-roubel, US dollar, euro and other kinds of money and their substitutes
B for Belarus #15 (2020-3-11) expert talk about Belarus with Vladimir Baranich and Yaroslav Romanchuk
- US dollar as a savior of household savings and means to defend from hostile government.
- Hard currencies and Belarusian rouble in the 1990-ies. Pain of financial illiteracy. Why over 70% of Belarusians still save in $-dollars.
- Inflation and devaluation as means of confiscation.
- Is a national currency an indispensable part of the national sovereignty?
- Hard currency in Belarus today. Where and how can you use it?
- The notion “conditional unit” or “notional unit” as a way to say “US dollar”.
- Why Belarusians are so reluctant about investing in stocks and bonds?Read more about Belarusian national currency