B for Belarus #14 (2020-2-12) expert talk about Belarus with Vladimir Baranich and Yaroslav Romanchuk
- Belarus is a big collective farm and A. Lukashenko is the boss of all red directors.
- Brainwashed by education system, propaganda machine and pop culture.
- Typically Belarusian principles, “Maybe this is the way life should be” and “My house is in the outskirts. I know nothing”. How Belarusians cope with new information and its abundance;
- Traditional relations between State and Man: Lukashenko as a shepherd and people as sheep.
- Longing for Big Government to ensure everything from free education, healthcare and job security for life.
- Suspicion and even rejection of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurs: the notion of infested fleas
- Poker face as defense from the outside world.
- Marching from the Soviet style marsh. Belarusians realize that it is their swamp. Maybe they will start wishing to live in a decent place – not on a swamp.