B for Belarus #13 (2020-1-29) expert talk about Belarus with Vladimir Baranich and Yaroslav Romanchuk
- there are over 600,000 registered people with disabilities in Belarus (about 7% of the population).
- people with disabilities in Belarus as invisible people for the government and the society. Why is it so?
- How a status “a person with disability” is granted.
- There are about 3.3 mln. people in Belarus over 60 years old. 2.7 mln. pensioners. Is Belarus a good place for pensioners and people who need assistance?
- If you young, healthy, wealthy and wise in Belarus it is a good place to live.
- the government argues that people with disabilities have created good conditions for doing sports.
- Employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
Here’s the article mentioned in the talk: Invisible people in Belarus
About the participants
- Vladimir Baranich is a country consultant and media analyst – aka Lad Bar (the founder of the ExpAt.by).
- Yaroslav Romanchuk currently works as the President of the Scientific Research Mises Center.