B for Belarus #11 (2019-12-18) expert talk about Belarus with Vladimir Baranich and Yaroslav Romanchuk
- over 50% of all Belarusians are law breakers. Out of 16 million law violations 80% are in the area of traffic rules.
- why Belarusians show little respect to formal law?
- laws as guidelines and wishes subject to abuse by interpretation;
- what saves Belarusians from stupid discriminatory laws?
- the notion of “telephonogramma” (order from a state body given orally by a telephone call to a business or another governmental structure or a budgetary organization)
- Belarus and the introduction of trial by jury. Will it work?
- absence of participatory democracy, private property and active civil society in Belarus as the foundation of disrespect to Law.